Creating Book Designer Templates
Looking for a fast way to create quick pages?
(and maybe even make some money?)
(:exclaim:)This is a technical page for advanced Graphic Designers looking to create drag and drop templates. If you are only looking to make a book of your images, simply choose a template and create a book.
Creating your own templates for the Book Designer is a great way to expand your creativity, as well as make money from your designs. Templates can easily be created on your desktop computer, however there are several requirements.
Template SizesLike all of photobooks.pro's books, each template has one of 5 ratios. The ratio is length to height, just like 16:9 is a common wide screen television ratio. Your template PDF must be one of the following sizes:
|Ratio||Size (in)||Size (pixels)||Size (points)||Available Books|
|Landscape 4:3 (US Letter)||11.35"x8.75"||4275px x 3375px||817pts x 630pts||14x11 Portfolio book, 12.5 x 10 Hardcover Portfolio Book, 9x7 Photo Book, ((11x8.5 Photo Books, Calendar and Loose Pages))|
|Landscape 3:2 (Wide Photo)||12.25"x8.25"||3675px x 2475px||882pts x 594pts||3.75x2.5 Mini-Book, 5.25x3.5 Mini-Book, 7x5 Mini-Book|
|Square 1:1||12.25"x12.25"||3675px x 3675px||882pts x 882pts||All Square Photo Books|
|Portrait 3:4 (US Letter)||8.75"x11.25"||2625px x 3375px||630pts x 810pts||8.5 x 11 Portrait Photo Book and Loose Pages, Comic Portrait Photo Book|
|Portrait 2:3||8.25"x12.25"||2475px x 3675px||594pts x 882pts||6x9 Portrait Photo Book, A4 Portrait Photo Book|
|Landscape 7x5 Greeting Card||7.25"x5.25"||2175px x 1575px||522pts x 378pts||Photo Greeting Cards|
Short Instructions:Create a PNG Quick Page image according the chart above, then upload it in Template Designer. If one of your pages is meant to be the cover, check the "cover" checkbox.
Note: When creating templates, so not use gradients, as this can cause "ghosting" around an image. It will not print well.
Step by Step InstructionsHere are step-by-step instructions to create a template courtesy of Creative Eyes
- Go to the "Create Template" page Under it are fields for adding your title, detailed description, price ect.
- Click on the "Upload New Quick Page" text. A pop-up window will open to let you select your pages for uploading. Do NOT use the upload function farther down into the text. This is for the preview to display in the marketplace. If you get an error uploading a png here, it is because your file does not meet the size specifications. Please double check your file size.
- Your png files should now be at the top of the page. Click on them to add the dropzones. They should open in a new pop-up window. Now you draw the dropzones yourself with the mouse. As I said, only limit at the current version: you can only do square/rectangular shapes and you cannot rotate them. Add the dropzones to all your pages.
- To change the page sequence you click on the little button at the top, right corner. It shows grey squares and yellow + green arrow. It will allow you to drag and drop them into the desired sequence.
- Add all your descriptions, title, pricing. Change setting from “private” to something like “request general availability”.
- Scroll down to the end and click on “save”.
- The template should now appear in your template list. When you open it, you will normally see the detailed view customers will see in the marketplace as well. To edit them again, click on the small pencil at the right upper corner and it takes you to the edit-mode again.
If you need rotated drop zones, or have other advanced graphical needs, see advanced template creation.
Here are some tips for selling your templates on photobooks.pro